Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Zucchini, mint and feta tart

I came to school today to find out that my only class of the day was cancelled. NOT COOL.

On my way back home, I was browsing my mind for ideas of what to cook for an upcoming dinner with friends when I remembered this!
A zucchini, mint and feta recipe I discovered with my Mom over this summer. I found it in the donna hay salads + vegetables cookbook. Here goes:
7oz. sheet store-bought butter puff pastry, thawed
4 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g fetta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup mint leaves
olive oil, extra, to serve
Preheat oven to 200℃, place pastry on the baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper
Score a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry with a sharp knife
Place zucchini, lemon rind, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat
Layer the mixture on the pastry and brush the edges with egg
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Top with feta, mint and olive oil
Tadaaa!!!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment