Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Qing Hua Dumpling

If you Google "Montreal" and "dumpling" together, your first find would be Qing Hua Dumpling. And that's because it is popular and people like it a lot.


I remember the first time I ate their dumplings at a friend's house (they do take out); I wasted no time and asked my friend about their location... and in vain searched for it for weeks. (At that time they were moving to their current 1676 Lincoln location).


When you come into Qing Hua, you right away notice through a window in the wall their kitchen, and the hands of Chinese ladies preparing the dumplings. You instinctively know that your meal will be fresh. 


Tea is served. Come for lunch and you get a cabbage salad and a miso soup gratis. Then order lamb w coriander dumplings and pork with mushrooms or beef with onions. That's my top three without hesitation. And when your dumplings arrive, mix in a bowl the soya sauce, the vinegar and the red chilli spices (I call this mix the Qing Hua sauce) and dip your food in it, one by one. Absolutely divine.

Qing Hua Dumpling on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment