Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carlos & Pepes

My blog is making my friends fat. And broke.

Said Savvy when, after Le Fuchsia, we ended up at Carlos & Pepes.

Carlos & Pepes is a two-floor mexican extravaganza on Peel street. It competes with 3 Amigos in many ways, and I kept pointing out those differences throughout the night. The chips were warm and the salsa particularly sweet. The drinks were good, but not any different from the 3 Amigos ones. What I especially liked was the chimichanga. I had flautas, which came with a red and green house sauce (both very spicy), sour cream and guacamole. Savvy's quesadillas were big and really filling. On a whole, the experience was great but the atmosphere, the prices and the food is better at 3 Amigos. Do you agree?

mango peach margarita
lime margarita
quesadillas
chimichanga
flautas

No comments:

Post a Comment