Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Banana Bread


So here it is at last. The banana bread recipe I've been meaning to share with you ever since I got the haircut last week. I was waiting for it for so long, harassing my friend about it, and how unfriendly is it to harass a friend for a recipe for the sake of a blog? 

Right after a haircut, all you want to do is brag about it to just about everyone . So when Lucia called to invite me for supper, pffff… I was prepared (for my hair) to be the highlight of the night. Little did I know she was making this banana bread. Which of course happened to be the highlight of the night.

With some mahi-mahi (my friend proclaimed "the best fish I ever had") and tomato-mango-coriander salad and guacamole and white wine....

Healthy Banana Bread:
  • 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri-Flour Blend (or 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup wheat bran)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 teaspoon each baking soda and baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups mashed RIPE bananas ( remember bananas MUST be super ripe)
  • 3/4 cup plain yogurt (2%)
  • 2 eggs ( I usually put 1 egg)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can put raspberries instead....healthier option :)
The banana bread topped with a mountain of fresh strawberries. Thank you Lucia for the delicious evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment