Here’s a list of outfits I kept seeing:
- slouchy trousers
- black pumps, skinny dark jeans (the skinnier and darker the better)
- white shirts
- lots and I mean lots of boyfriend jackets
- minimal pant/jean + top but great heels and a great bag
- ALWAYS a cigarette in hand
- dark, monotone colors, not much print
- black tights + shorts on top
Tourists are easily recognizable (even us... no matter how much we tried to blend in) but dress great. OK. well perhaps not all and I won’t name names (nationalities)… but I must say I saw many tourists who would get my fashion seal of approval.
*BOOKSTORE of Les Arts Décoratifs
If you’re slightly interested in design, decorative arts, fashion, be prepared to spend two hours there (which is what I did on Monday, the one day the museum was closed).
*When coming to Paris, bring an empty luggage. This is perhaps a note to self, but having under-packed (no really, Monsieur’s luggage is twice bigger than mine) I desperately need place for every cheaper-than-in-Montreal thing I bought. Like alcohol. Or LaRoche Posay. Or Isabel Marant. (it’s what I called my petite folie #1) But that’s because we don’t have Isabel Marant in Montreal. In fact, next time I’m coming to Paris, it will be exclusively for shopping. I’m starting a savings account as you're reading this :)