Thursday, June 10, 2010

garçon! l'addition s'il....

Yesterday's lunch was at a very charming place in the St-Germain des Près area, in the Left Bank. It's called L'atlas Qaris and I absolutely enjoyed my soupe à l'oignon gratinée (my first!).
Monsieur had a tajine de lapin aux pruneaux and when we politely asked the waiter what a tajine was, he said "Ben, c'est une tajine!"So I can't even translate what it was. Except that it was good.
I definitely recommend that place, aside from the tajine explication, the waiter was very friendly and the menu magnifique!

At night, we went to Pizza Sant'Antonio on 1 rue de la Verrerie in the Beaubourg area. And even though I wasn't initially hungry (late lunch was filling) I don't regret taking a pizza marguerite with my rhum and coke. It was almost as good as the ones in Italy. Monsieur had an escalope florentine. Excuuuse him. The place was very lively and full of chi-chi girls smoking cloppes and waiters who flirt with them...Ah, Paris!

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment