Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I am (in) Love & Guido's


Back in April, André Leon Talley wrote in Vogue about an upcoming movie, I am Love, starring Tilda Swinton and featuring a wardrobe by Raf Simons for Jil Sander. I was intrigued, I was interested, I was impatient for the release date. Last Friday, I went to see it. And?
I liked loved the clothes but there wasn't enough of it. Swinton's acting was, as always, amazing. On a whole, the movie was a feast for the eye, something so anti-commercial, you actually feel smart and poised about going to the movies.

Before the film, Monsieur and I went to Guido and Angelina's for supper. Italian, of course this was not a coincidence. We chose to sit on the terrace, because rare are the places with such lovely outside tables, where you feel so chic to be sitting outside, and just as we were finishing our bread, I felt a drop of rain. And some more. So we moved a little to our left (to be better covered by the tents), and changed tables… and changed tables again. For a few minutes we watched people getting head-to-toe drenched in water. And then the sun came back. Gotta love Montreal.

Tortellini gigi al cardinale: rosé sauce with mushrooms and prosciutto, Fettuccini alfredo and Italian Cabernet-sauvignon Banear Friuli grave

No comments:

Post a Comment