Monday, January 24, 2011

Juliette & Chocolat

Juliette & Chocolat is sweet. Literally.

Every friend of mine has been there, or so it seems. I discovered the St-Laurent location a month ago, during my birthday celebrations, and was really glad to be back. This time it was T.K.'s birthday and as a group of 6, we ordered 3 Double Duo Chocolate Fondues. And Savvy had extra profiteroles. And I'm crying now because I didn't try them. See picture below.

Everything here leaves you wanting for more, more, more... And when you order a second time (convinced you didn't have enough) all you want is more... water. Because Juliette & Chocolat is the real deal. Their hot chocolate is the Mayan kind (I made this up- the Mexican Riviera must be still in my mind) is the traditional, rich, European kind (there's a whole menu to it- with alcohol or without- the chocolate comes from all over the world). Last time I tried a Fondant au chocolat nappé et au caramel salé : whatever it was it melted my heart. They also have non-sweet crêpes for the boyfriends who tag along lunch, or supper. The St-Laurent location is very big/ ideal for groups but maybe the Laurier & St-Denis ones offer more privacy? Can I scream VALENTINE'S DAYYY!!!

 Chocolate Fondue comes in bitter/semi-sweet/milk and white chocolate
 Pineapple, black berries, apples, pears, bananas, oranges, kiwi... but (this I don't get) no strawberries
 Profiteroles... so. regretting. of. not. stealing. a. bite.
Birthday boy
So, see you there on Valentine's? I'll be in the corner finishing my seconds, asking for more water

2 comments: